Ingredients to make two servings:
- 2 ripe avocados, stoned and peeled
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
- 4 T raw cacao powder
- 2-3 T coconut nectar or any other liquid sweetener
- 1 t vanilla seeds (optional)
- 3 T raw coconut oil or cacao butter, melted*
- 2 T fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 t finely grated orange peel and/or food grade orange oil
- A few slices of fresh orange and mint leaves for presentation
Scrape the flesh from the avocados into a blender.
Add the cacao, salt, vanilla, orange juice, coconut oil or cacao butter, sweetener and orange peel and/or orange oil. Blend all the ingredients together into a creamy concoction.
Prepare the presentation part by arranging a few slices of fresh orange with mint leaves at the bottom of each glass.
Spoon the ganache on top of the orange. Gently shake the glass, letting the mixture ‘hug’ the fruit and leaves. Place the decadent desserts in the refrigerator for a few hours. Before serving, garnish with more orange and mint leaves, as well as cacao.
A tip: Avocados do not taste like avocados when they are hanging out with raw cacao and orange. However, if you happen to dislike them, replace with frozen bananas
Take good care of yourself and the world we live in!