One of the most beautiful things that ever happened to me on my human journey was discovering and befriending Yoga.
Because of the common misconception of this incredible science, this mind opening philosophy, I was really sceptical about it at first. I thought it was all about twisting your body into pretzels and head stands, and none of it appealed to my ever aching and challenged body. My curiosity and passionate hunger for the most sacred knowledge of the Universe lead me to my first date with... my Self.
Yeap. That is what yoga does - it leads you to your essence, to the deepest layers of your Self! It shows you who you are, what you are really made of, and what you can be, if you choose to grow. It is like - You are on a date, finally, with the most important person in your life - You.
Yoga is not at all about looking good in that fancy yoga outfit, and it is not about perfecting that pose. Yoga does not give a damn how long your hamstrings are either. In fact Yoga has nothing to do with anything physical whatso-freaking-ever. Yoga is like your best friend, who accepts and loves you just as you, and gently shows your another reality of You.
What I have learned from 19 years of dating myself.. or Yoga?
- Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE!
- A human Body is a sacred vessel through which the SPIRIT has a chance to express itself.
- Nothing is solid. We can change anything - be it our body, mind, reality or life!
- Healing is available to any of us who are willing to step out of the ordinary... out of the box.
- Our primal relationship in life is relationship with the Mystery, with the Divine, with the Higher Force. The rest comes after.
- There is nothing to fear. We are so much more than this world ever allowed us to believe. We are eternal. We will shed the body like an old skin that is no longer needed, and we will keep moving forward!
A word of Advice for those who are stepping on this extraordinary journey:
- Be gentle with yourself! Dont force, dont push anything that does not feel right.
- Trust and Listen to your Body. It will tell you when to stop and when to go deeper!
- Remember to be Patient! As long as you are HERE and NOW - you are in the right place and the right time!
- Breathe! Let your body and breath dance together.
- Watch your muscle of the SPIRIT - AWARENESS - getting stronger and stronger every day. Celebrate it! That is the purpose of life. You got this.
It is through practicing yoga that I have learned the most precious lessons of life. I learned to love myself so I could love others, to be patient with myself, so I could be patient with others, to heal myself, so I could assist others to heal themselves too.
Once we create the most loving and harmonious relationship with our Self.... it gets easy to create harmonious relationships with others. And what is better that a world full of beautiful harmonious people living together as One?
So, what Yoga is offering to us has no price tag. It offers wisdom. It offers healing not only to our Self, but also to others. What is a better way to live a life than being a HEALING precense in this world?