This decadent and super healthy creation was inspired by one beautiful person. I had an honor to work with Derya, a gorgeous young woman who was in the beginning of her Transformational journey when life put us together.
We made many changes in her diet and life style... This cake was inspired by Derya’s determination to stay well, connected and awake, no matter what.
This recipe is a gift to all those willing to change their relationship with food and take responsibility for how they want to experience their beautiful Self. Let us celebrate change with decadent yet medicinal foods and take it from there..... step by step, breath by breath!
To make this Pie we need to make some time. What a better way to practice patience, hey?
For the base: 5 Dates, 3/4 cup of Raw Pistachio Nuts,1/4 t Vanillas seeds (or 2 Vanilla sticks), 1⁄4 t Cinnamon powder, 1⁄4 t Himalayan/Sea Salt, 1 T Raw Cacao Powder.
For the toffee: 5 dates soaked* in 3 T of yogi tea (preferably homemade), 1⁄2 t Vanilla seeds. 1 T of good. Rum is optional.
For the Creamy Pie: 1 cup of soaked** activated Cashew nuts, 2 frozen Bananas, 1⁄4 t Vanilla seeds, a pinch of Himalayan/Sea salt, 2 T Coconut Cream***, 7 drops of fresh Lime/Lemon juice, 1 T Manuka Honey.
For the top of the cake: 5 T Coconut Cream, 1 T Manuka Honey, 1 T of Raw Cacao Nibs.
Decoration (optional) – 1 frozen banana.
*Dates can be soaked for just 15-20 mins before we make a creamy mass out of them.
** We never soak Cashews for longer than 7 hours.
*** Coconut Cream can be the flesh of the inside of fresh coconuts (cleaner and raw version) or the Coconut Cream that we buy from the store (if we are not that strict about raw).
Have the frozen bananas and yogi tea ready before you start the process of creating. Prepare a cute little tray for the cake as a base. Presentation is everything....... after all that effort we put into our yummy creation.
1. We start with the base. Blend together all the ingredients and make dough out of the mixture. Make a ball out of it by rolling it between your hands. Spread it in a round flat shape on the tray. (mine was around 17 cm diameter) Slap- Slap. Put it in a freezer.
2. Blend the soaked dates with yogi tea, add the rum if you choose to use it. Put the heavenly mixture into a box and let it rest in a fridge while you are making the rest.
3. Chop the frozen bananas. Put them together with activated cashews in to a blender or a food processor. Add Coconut Cream, Vanilla, Salt, Honey and blend enthusiastically into a creamy mixture. You might have to stop a few times to encourage the mixture towards the center by using a spoon. Being mindful and present is the secret of any ah-mazing creation! Once done, add lime/lemon drops and transfer the cream into a bowl. Place it in a fridge to rest.
4. Get the base out and spread the toffee all over it. Put it back to a freezer.
5. Blend the Coconut Cream with Honey, put it in a plastic bag and let it rest in a fridge, standing in a glass.
6. Get the base with toffee and the bowl with cream out. Pour the cream over the two bottom layers – base and toffee. Spread it evenly. Use your hands to keep the edges looking lovely.
I used a hard plastic wrap around the cake to be able to place the decorative banana pieces all around it. It is something that I watched commercial sweet companies use and I picked the trick for our rawsome creations if you do the same, just use the tape to fix the plastic circle around the cake. Once the cream is poured in, put the frozen banana circles around the cream layer and place the pie back to a freezer. Leave it for a few hours to settle in.
7. Last step. Get the pie and the glass with a cream bag out. Cut the corner of the bag and spread the gorgeous looking stripes of cream all over the pie. Sprinkle with Raw Cacao nibs and/or shavings of raw chocolate bar.
Freeze it again for a few hours! This cake will stay in a freezer (covered!) for up to 10 days if you let it.
Get it out at least 10 mins before you intend to serve it. ENJOY being awesome and healthy.
Do not forget to share!
With chocolate hugs,