Tools: blender, cutting board, 2 serving glasses
Ingredients to make two servings:
- Flesh of 2 ripe avocados
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
- 4 T raw cacao powder
- 2-3 T coconut nectar or any other liquid sweetener
- 1 t vanilla seeds or two vanilla pods
- 3 T raw coconut oil, melted
- 2 T fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 t finely grated orange peel and/or orange oil
- A few slices of fresh orange and mint leaves for presentation
Scrape the green flesh from the avocados into a blender. Add the cacao, salt, vanilla, orange juice, coconut oil, sweetener and orange peel or/and orange oil. Blend all the ingredients together into a creamy orange-chocolate concoction.
Prepare two serving glasses by arranging a few slices of fresh orange with mint leaves at the bottom of each glass.
Spoon the ganache into the glasses. Shake the glass, letting the mixture sink through the spaces between the fruit and leaves. Place the decadent deserts in a refrigerator for a few hours. Before serving, garnish with more orange and mint leaves, as well as cacao.
A tip: Avocados do not taste like avocados when they are hanging out with raw cacao. However, if you do dislike them, replace with frozen bananas.